How to Refer
Referrals must be made by a case worker or shelter manager. Please note we do not accept referrals from individuals.
Patients must fulfill the following criteria for program eligibility:
- Self-identify survivor of domestic violence (defined as either intimate partner or familial violence)
- Reside in a shelter at the time of referral (or transitioned out in the past 24 months)
- Be between 18- 65 years old
- Be a resident of Ontario
- Faces financial hardship and must not have access to private dental insurance – please indicate if candidate is receiving ODSP or OW
- Have a stable and uncomplicated medical history (defined as patients who can be treated in an office setting, and do not require a hospital environment to receive dental care)
- Agree to the terms outlined in the Patient Acceptance Form.
Patients are accepted into the program following an assessment by a Screening Dentist. Please review the full process for treatment here.
Please note that patients can be dismissed from the program, at any time.
Restoring Smiles specializes in long-term restorative treatment for issues such as broken or missing teeth and jaw misalignment. Our wait list is extensive. For this reason we are not a suitable option for emergency dental care. If you or a client is experiencing a dental emergency, please call 911 or contact the Patient Clinic at the University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry at 416-979-4900.